The journal covers all aspects of forest economics,
and publishes scientific papers in subject areas such as the following:
- forest management problems: economics of silviculture, forest regulation and operational activities, managerial economics;
- forest industry analysis: economics of processing, industrial organization problems, demand and supply analysis, technological change, international trade of forest products;
- multiple use of forests: valuation of non-market priced goods and services, cost-benefit analysis of environment and timber production, external effects of forestry and forest industry;
- forest policy analysis: market and intervention failures, regulation of forest management, ownership, taxation;
- land use and economic development: deforestation and land use problem, national resource accounting, contribution to national and regional income and employment.
- forestry and climate change: using forestry to mitigate climate change, economic analysis of bioenergy, adaption of forestry to climate change.